All students are expected to adhere to the Fort Worth ISD Dress Code beginning on the first day of school.
Tanglewood Dress Code Checklist
- I have on a solid navy, white, or blue-denim shirt.
- My shirt has sleeves and a collar.
- I have on shorts, pants, a skirt, a dress or a jumper in solid navy, khaki, black, blue-denim, or Tanglewood plaid #55.
- If I am wearing a dress, it has sleeves and a collar.
- If I am wearing a jumper, I have a solid navy, white, or blue-denim shirt underneath and the shirt has sleeves and a collar.
- If today is a P.E. day, I have on tennis shoes.
- My socks* are one solid color. (A basic logo may appear on the socks.)
- If I am wearing tights or leggings* under my uniform, they are one solid color.
- If I have on a sweater or sweatshirt over my uniform and I intend to wear it in class, it is a solid color.
- Jackets of any color/design may be worn upon arrival, on the playground, and at dismissal.
* Tanglewood Spirit Shop socks and leggings are approved uniform items.
Any item of clothing may be monogrammed with student name or initials.
Tanglewood Spirit Day
Every Friday is Tanglewood Spirit Day. Students are invited to wear a Tanglewood spirit shirt with uniform bottoms or spirit bottoms. Spirit bottoms are athletic-style shorts, skirts, skorts (basketball shorts, tennis skirts, etc.) in navy or black. Leggings may NOT be worn as bottoms. Regular uniforms may be worn on spirit days as well. No college or pro-team shirts, just Tanglewood Spirit Shop gear.
College Spirit Day
College Spirit Day typically falls on the first Monday school-day of the month. (Check the calendar to confirm.) Students may wear college shirts with uniform bottoms or spirit bottoms.