On September 16th, we will kick off our fall fundraiser! W-A-C, write a check, was introduced a few years back because it enables Tanglewood to keep all of the profits and it is FUN AND EASY! Proceeds from this campaign will be equally split between Tanglewood Elementary and Overton Park Elementary in the 2020-2021 school year — ONE purpose, TWO schools.
It is crucial to raise money for our schools because we do not receive Title I funding from the government. Fortunately, you and the community supporters help us make up that difference! Each year, the Tanglewood PTA (not FWISD) funds enhanced curriculum, science lab, computer teachers, sports equipment, technology, extra security, visiting author programs, and artapalooza…just to name a few! In fact, the PTA contributes approximately $300 PER CHILD in recurring expenses per year! This does not include the special projects funded by PTA annually. That is why we need your continued support to enable our PTA to be able to offer these necessary “extras” each year! And yes, your donation is tax-deductible!
This year, our theme is WAC PAC! There are four ways to give and we hope you will consider participating in all of them:
- Family Giving – earn incentives for your child by level – starting at $5
- Eat Out! – see schedule below of local eateries who will “give back” to Tanglewood
- Winner’s Choice Travel Raffle – one lucky winner will choose between Whistler, Los Cabos or Sonoma.
- Coin Drive – kids will compete by grade to raise the most coins (or dollars)!
WAC Raffle Tickets
One lucky winner will choose between Whistler, Los Cabos, or Sonoma. Click here to download the flyer with more details.
Dual logo one-of-a-kind WAC PAC T-shirt, featuring the Tanglewood Elementary tiger and the Overton Park Elementary owl. Two Schools, One Purpose. Note: Children’s T-shirts are included for those who give at the Panther PAC ($350+) level on the Family Giving page.
- 9/16 — Kickoff celebration at morning drop off
- 9/16 — Free dress day
- 9/16 — Kona Ice give back in the park after school
- 9/18 — Animal print accessories with uniform
- 9/18 — Toppers give back day
- 9/19 — Students choice of music during lunch
- 9/20 — Wear your favorite team shirt
- 9/23 — Free dress day
- 9/23 — Kona Ice give back in the park after school
- 9/25 — Crazy sock day
- 9/25 — Sweet Frogs give back day
- 9/26 — Students choice of music during lunch
- 9/27 — Fundraiser ends
- 9/27 — Free dress day
- 9/30 — Raffle drawing and winner announced
Any questions? Contact the WAC 2019 co-chairs Elizabeth Hester & Vicki Olson at [email protected].
WAC Donation Meter
Thank You to Our 2019 Sponsors
- Curt Hinkle DDS
- ER Near Me
- Foster Park Neighborhood Association
- Glasgow Family
- HF Custom Solutions
- Jeff Eubank Roofing
- Legacy Pediatric & Adolescent Dentistry
- Llewellyn Real Estate
- Mulholland Custom Imprints
- Overton Park Neighborhood Association
- Robbfield RC Construction
- Tanglewood Neighborhood Association
- University West Neighborhood Association